The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot is a free-to-play real-time strategy video game developed by Ubisoft Montreal. The game combines castle defense and dungeon crawling mechanics, allowing players to build their own castle and to attack those built by other players in order to collect various in-game resources such as Crowns, Gold, and Gear.
I’ve worked on this project for a little bit more than 2 years, having participated on the Closed/Open Beta and launch. The game was released for PC in January 2014.
What I worked on:
- Designed more than 15 creatures for the game as well as the revamp of some old ones
- Prototyped all of its behaviors for pre validation
- Developed new conditions, habilities and behaviors
- CORE SYSTEMS
- Designed new core system: Creature Crafting
- Designed new core system: Gear Forge
- Balanced the game creatures with very detailed excell sheets as well as community feedback.
- Balanced the game economy
- Balanced the creature crafting materials
- Minor tweaks on player characters
- Worked together with artists, sound designers and programmers to do the creatures (AI) data
- Helped defining the monetization plan